Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Little gifts

Princess Peach Washcloth

Yarn: Lily The Original Sugar'n Cream (100% cotton; worsted weight)
Color: Rose Pink
Needles: US 7s
Stitches: 44

Mario Washcloth

Yarn: Lily The Original Sugar'n Cream (100% cotton; worsted weight)
Color: Red
Needles: US 7s
Stitches: 44

The Christmas package reached Arkansas today, so I can now show two recent FOs that have only been referred to in general terms in previous blog entries. (I'll save the third for tomorrow.)

I was stuck in the design process for the other FO included in the package to my friends, so in the meantime I decided to knit a dishcloth/washcloth for each of their kids. After all, what child wouldn't be thrilled to receive their very own dishcloth? Consider one item checked off the letter to Santa.

In all seriousness, though, I know that the kids enjoy the Mario games for Nintendo, so I figured that getting their favorite characters in knitted form might tickle them. I found the patterns and thought it would be quick and easy to make them. (As it turns out, they were quick and easy once I translated the charts into written patterns, although that process produced its share of frustrations because I kept getting turned around or forgetting a row at the start.)

Mario turned out reasonably well, although this FO isn't entirely correct due to my error. (Essentially I don't have any space between the character and the border.) I may have goofed up the M in his hat too--I'll have to doublecheck my translation--but all in all it looks like it should.

I thought I had figured out which way everything needed to be knit by the time I got to Princess Peach, but there were a couple false starts there too. Once I got it down, though, I whipped through it in a single knit night. The stitch definition looks really good and worked very well with the color.

Once again dishcloths prove to be versatile projects for the knitter and, from one friend to another, a small way of wishing a merry Christmas.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 2:52 PM, Anonymous LittleWit said...

Hooray! Now that I know the recipients are children I am glad I didn't run off with them at knit night, as tempting as it was ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home