Tuesday, December 22, 2009

December

December has been far busier than I ever expected. It's also been far more dramatic, especially in relation to some circumstances with my job. No, I'm not in any danger of being unemployed--at least I don't think it's going to reach that point--but considering we've been down this road far too many times with the issues in question than is reasonable (or productive), the matter can be categorized as infinitely aggravating.

That mess should hopefully be behind me for a few days, although for all I know it will pop up again on Wednesday. After a hectic year and the frantic nature that the holidays can have, I really look forward to easing into the last few days of the year. Hopefully I'll be permitted to do so.

After the unpleasant surprises, it was nice to be paid a small, unexpected compliment today. I stopped in to pick up a pizza and had one of the workers say that he liked my hat and that it looked warm. (It is.) It's one I made myself two years ago. Since I rarely receive compliments of this sort, it was nice for this one to come out of the blue, especially when I'm feeling particularly beat up about things out of my control.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home