Saturday, December 12, 2009

Uncharted

The lack of time between now and Christmas is really hitting me. With limited free hours today, I thought I might be able to whip up something that I've had in mind to knit but haven't had the time to do.

The preexisting pattern isn't written out. It's in chart form instead. I have found it to be more of a challenge than expected. The creator doesn't seem to have done it entirely in a conventional manner, so I had to study it for awhile until the directions finally made sense. I'm writing down the stitches as I go along because that process makes more sense to me (and is surely be faster).

My downfall was that I lacked a piece of fairly critical information. About ten rows in I could see that it wasn't right. So, it's all getting ripped out. I'll give it another shot on Sunday.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home