Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The gift that keeps on giving

Other than a couple little things, I was not intending to do any Christmas knitting this year. I don't really have any ideas, and I don't know that the gifts mean much to most of the recipients. Plus, I've slowed down considerably from the insane pace I kept when I first undertook learning this craft.

So I was a little surprised that one of my brothers mentioned needing/wanting a new stocking hat. Granted, he's been the one who has been most vocal in his appreciation for what I've made, so I wasn't taken entirely by surprise. I just wasn't expecting it.

He received one of the first hats I made, so it's probably a little tight on the cast on row. Last year I "re-knit" scarves for him and his wife because they got the first two I made. I was dissatisfied with them once I realized what I was doing, which wasn't until well after they were given them. It makes sense that I should replace that initial hat.

Hey, I have a next project now!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home