Wednesday, November 18, 2009

iWant

So here's the thing... Yes, having an iPhone or one of these fancy-schmancy telephones/digital Swiss army knives would be nice, but I can make do with what I have. For Pete's sake, my cell is through my employer, so I can't complain.

A couple weeks ago a co-worker raised the prospect of getting iPhones since word is that the school can get a good deal on them and is approving them. Hey, sure, if they're willing to give me one, I'm all for it!

A week ago all the paperwork was completed to put the order in motion. Considering the short turnaround on our last phones, I was expecting, perhaps unreasonably, to have this smart phone by now. I talked to someone elsewhere at the school to find out what time period he got his in. i was informed that it may have taken three or four weeks for the process to wrap.

A month?! Ordinarily I'm pretty patient, but I've been going kind of nuts waiting for my iPhone to arrive. The expectation of possessing this gadget wasn't on my mind two weeks ago. Now I wait on pins and needles for word that it's here, it's here!

I'm not proud about this reaction.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:22 AM, Anonymous LittleWit said...

Muhahaha. You've been sucked in. I don't want to replace my phone because I feel like when I go, I am going to have to fight with them to find a "phone." le sigh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home