Sunday, November 15, 2009

Moving the sticks

Previous autumn Sundays were an excuse to knit while keeping an eye on the pro football games on TV. My team, the Bengals, were usually their hapless selves. At least knitting assuaged some of the aggravation of rooting them on in vain.

Apparently this fall is and will be different. The Bengals are in first place, in control of their destiny, and look to be a legitimate top team. Who dey? Historically this team has delivered disappointment and inconsistency, but this year's determined squad may be the best I've witnessed, including the two teams that made the Super Bowl.

I am delighted to no end that the Bengals are winning, but knitting during these games is out of the question. Between watching the game and following chatter online, not to mention occasionally turning on the home radio broadcast, my attention is fixed on the gridiron and my favorite team. The only moving of the sticks that interests me on Sunday afternoon is another Cincinnati first down.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Anonymous LittleWit said...

It feels so good to see the two teams from Cincinnati doing so well! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home