Thursday, April 09, 2009

In the news

The earthquake that hit Italy brings about the story of a 98-year-old woman who kept herself occupied by knitting while trapped underneath rubble. Or was it crochet? One article uses the terms interchangeably.

This piece about making the best of what's available is nowhere near as serious. Have any of you cut up plastic bags to knit into tote bags? I'm slightly curious to give it a try, but common sense tells me that this is probably more aggravation than it's worth.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 8:31 AM, Blogger Doniamarie said...

Curiously, I've read that knitting is not considered "hip" in Italy - that it's thought to be only something for old women. Therefore, yarn stores are scarce. They're totally missing out!

 
At 9:19 AM, Anonymous LittleWit said...

I wonder how many hours I could survive on my stash. ;) Probably several months at the very least.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home