Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Design and adaptation

(Photo courtesy Nancy D.)

Remember my Cincinnati Reds design experiment? I haven't taken it any further because I haven't figured out how to do color work. But someone did.

About two weeks ago Nancy D. sent an e-mail thanking me for posting the pattern I cobbled together. She'd found it in a web search, and it met her needs, more or less. The Reds' wishbone C was intended to be used for a dishcloth, but she was going to adapt my work into a sweater for her five-year-old daughter's doll.

I was thrilled to hear that my pattern would be of use to anyone other than myself. Now that I'm hip to knitPro, I could probably tweak the design to be a little truer to the logo, but what I wrote isn't bad, especially for a first designing effort. On Opening Day, appropriately enough, I received news that the pattern worked and the above picture to prove it. How cool is that?

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Anonymous LittleWit said...

That's super exciting! Although I can't see the photo.

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Looks great!

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Ruth's Place said...

Totally cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home