Friday, February 13, 2009

Stasis

Some mysterious illness wiped me out for the previous 30 hours or so. Considering what happened on the last Friday the 13th, I'd be inclined to believe the day has worked its black magic on me again, if I were superstitious. Anyway, whatever I've had started yesterday and has mostly dissipated by now.

I'm going on three weeks now without picking up the needles. True, I've been exceptionally busy, which is why I haven't bothered making anything, but I'm also short on ideas. I don't know what I want to knit. I'm thinking that it might be good to make another scarf for myself, but with life having been so hectic, the idea of even searching for a pattern or deliberating over yarn choices just sounds like work.

I guess that qualifies as being in a rut, although it's equally a product of being worn down. I suppose that if I were to look on the bright side of this 30-hour malady, it did force me to take it easy for the first time in awhile. I was going to push my way through two films and try to get some writing done. Instead I could only make it through one and then slept for a few hours this afternoon. I don't feel 100%, but I'm feeling better than before.

I'm going to need some strength. Tomorrow looks to be a long day, what with squeezing in a visit to the departing Warhol exhibit, going to campus to do some work, and attending the Times New Viking plays The Velvet Underground concert that's tied to the exhibit. Sure, some of that should be fun, but as I've found amid the hustle and bustle, even things done for pleasure can be be less enjoyable when you're exhausted.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Perhaps you will be struck with knitting inspiration but until then you can just take it easy and work on something else?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home