Saturday, November 22, 2008

It's that time of year

How's your holiday knitting coming along?

I've finished two scarves and am working on a third. Beyond that, I don't know how much more, if any, I'll be doing. I kind of exhausted the options--scarves and hats--the previous two years. This Christmas season's FOs are an attempt at knitting revisionism to replace items made by a newbie with the needles. These projects were also requested, more or less, so I know that they'll be welcome. It's been tough for me to get a read on whether or not the other gifts I've knit have been wanted or not. Better to give it a rest, I think.

I may still make another item or two for Christmas, but I don't have any firm ideas. I've been thinking of making some slippers for my dad, but I probably need to find something that doesn't require sewing soles onto them. Other than that, I don't know what to make even if I'm up for doing it. Something fast would probably be best, but that's about as specific as I can be.

I've considered knitting a pair of gloves for myself, although I haven't looked at any patterns to know what I might be getting myself into. With as cold as it has been this week, I'm definitely of a mind to knit more for me. I'd like another hat, maybe one that's a little bulkier, and maybe a different scarf just to mix things up.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I have officially reached the halfway point with my holiday knitting. I now have 3.5 gifts left to knit and that .5 should be knit by Weds. So far I have been making scarves, hats, worsted weight socks, fingering weight socks and stuffies. I have a shawl left to pick out. I also have a wrap to knit for myself that I need to finish before my office Christmas party. That of course will be my knitting for the Thanksgiving road trip.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home