Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Somebody stop me

Four years ago I decided that for the sake of my sanity I would stop watching television news. I simply couldn't stomach any more of the mostly useless content. I may have to start swearing off political coverage online as well. There's so much horse crap out there, whether from official channels or surrogates, that it drives me absolutely bonkers.

Yet I can't look away. What's the latest flowing BS? Refresh, refresh, refresh.

It's reached critical mass in the last few days. I really need to stop checking on this stuff. On top of that, one of my brothers has sent me an extremely long e-mail detailing all of the reasons he would not support my preferred candidate, although curiously there's not a whole lot he says in favor of his. I'm tempted not even to respond and to try my best to unplug from it all.

So I've got to say thanks for The Daily Show and The Colbert Report. Sure, they are comedy shows first and foremost, but at least someone's doing media criticism and pointing out the stuff that makes me crazy. If I can't find something in all this to laugh about the next two months, it'll be a long sixty-plus days.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home