Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Still on hold

A not unexpected but not-with-a-lot-of-advance-notice one-night visit from my parents pulls me away from writing much of anything today. Yes, it's the proverbial filler when my time playing hotelier does not permit the fulfillment of the daily blogging obligation.

For fun, an observation:

Getting my dad to state his opinion has reached beyond comical proportions. Whatever you ask him about, it is "all right". (This answer does not indicate approval or disapproval, by the way.) Having done my research to determine its content appropriateness, I took the folks to an advance screening of Henry Poole is Here. Besides dazzling them, I'm sure, with my ability to gain admission without a pass--my version of a Jedi mind trick--I must have displayed a little magic in finding a film with strong spiritual themes for these two pastors to see.

My dad seemed engaged with the film, even leaning forward a bit toward the end. In the minivan on the way back to my place, I asked what he thought. He struggled for something to say. I interjected, "It was all right?" Yep.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home