Friday, July 18, 2008

A contest featuring human beings

So I think I have finally figured out what the deal is with Ravelympics 2008. I'm still not entirely sure if it's a competition or a friendly game promoting knitting and community or both, and I certainly don't know what event to enter. But no matter...

I'll have plenty of time to knit as, except for a day or two to prep and tape my show, I intend to be on vacation for the duration of the Beijing Olympics. That said, I don't want to obligate myself to doing something that will take a lot of work as I want to watch the Summer Games. As you know, I'm pretty much incapable of knitting without looking at the project.

Although I recently purchased more cotton for dishcloths to make and give away, I will admit that I'm getting really tired of knitting items to be used for wiping dirty things. Decisions will be need to be made. If only inspiration would strike and resolve it all.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 11:37 PM, Blogger donnadb said...

Definitely not a competition. Just a race against yourself. Pick a project that involves some challenge for you personally, complete it within the 17 days of the Summer Olympics, and you get the honor of being a finisher.

You can enter any event that fits your project -- more than one if applicable. But you don't need an event or a team to participate -- it just give you some people to hang out with for the duration.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home