Sunday, June 15, 2008

Rite of passages

The wise choice would have been to stay home today, but I felt an obligation to the graduates to go to work if I was up to it at all. I wasn't, not really, but I thought that if I went out and grabbed a little something to eat that I might feel well enough to endure a few hours.

You see, I've had no appetite, so I've been avoiding taking anything to reduce the pain lest I end up wrapped around the toilet. I suffered through the graduation--I'm sure I looked miserable--but I wanted to be there to send off some students who have been very important to the program the last four years. Was it worth it? I'd like to think so. I work closely with the students, and this bunch meant a lot to me.

The good news is that at some point this afternoon I passed the stone that has been giving me all this grief. Since Friday I haven't been able to find a comfortable position for sitting, standing, or laying down--what else is there, suspension?--so you can imagine my relief to be rid of it. Overall I've been fortunate regarding my health. I can certainly appreciate that normal state of being a lot more now that I'm back in it (or so I assume).

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 5:27 AM, Blogger Ruth's Place said...

It was good of you to go to the students' graduation. I'm glad that you are feeling better!

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Doniamarie said...

I hope you start feeling better soon! I'm sorry you've had such a rough weekend!

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Karen said...

So happy everything came out OK! (sorry - couldn't resist that!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home