Monday, May 05, 2008

Knots

Since I've seen the light and switched to using a center pull, I haven't encountered the problem that bedeviled me in my early knitter days: knots. I must have been overdue because tonight I had a clump to untie to continue knitting.

One of the problems was having two ends from the center on the outside of the ball. They were winding themselves around each other and making the situation worse the longer I knitted. Finally I'd had enough and went about the tedious work of untangling the mess. There's probably some allegorical value in mentioning how I was committed to undoing the knots and making everything right again, but I'll just leave it at surface level.

Eventually I had to bring out the scissors and cut the yarn because there was a knot that someone had already tied in the middle of it all. Thanks manufacturers! I don't know how long it took, but I got it all sorted out and could knit again. I have a small amount of yarn from the middle that I've wrapped and another end coming out of the middle that I'm knitting with. It appears that the strands are going to knot again at some point. So it goes. I'll do what I can to resolve it.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Blogger Doniamarie said...

I hate it when this happens! I've spent more time undoing knots... I feel your pain!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home