Thursday, April 17, 2008

On screen and in print

The poster for the film Young @ Heart, a documentary about senior citizens singing rock songs, features an old pair of hands knitting an electric guitar. Don't let that fool you; there's no knitting in the movie.

As for the film itself, it's a crowd-pleaser, although I wish it were stronger visually. (If the idea was to light it to make the old-timers look worse, consider it a success.) It takes place in Northampton, Massachusetts, which I visited briefly in 2001. I did what I always do when I see something that's been shot where I've been; I looked for places I recognized, namely the Iron Horse Music Hall. Didn't see anything I recognized.

Remember the blurb I wrote that I mentioned was going to appear in print? It was published in Nashville Scene today. It's available online here, but you'll need to scroll down a bit to find it. I suppose you know what name to look for to identify which is mine.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 11:54 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

congrats on the publication, secret knitter! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home