Sunday, March 30, 2008

The rite of spring

It seems that I always go into a funk the day before classes resume. Try as I might, I don't want to do anything. Should I get some writing done? Should I transcribe the interview I conducted Friday? Yes and yes. I've been paralyzed with this gnawing sense of laziness, though, so today has been for delaying things for another day or longer.

Tomorrow marks new beginnings, the real indicator of spring regardless of what the calendar says. It's a new quarter at the college. Notwithstanding the games in Japan or tonight's Nationals-Braves match-up, it is the start of the Major League Baseball season. It is also when I hope to get back to getting my act together again regarding diet and exercise. I did well for a long time, but I've packed on some weigh that I need to shed.

Whether on the needles or the list in my head, I have knitting projects that will be carrying over from the winter, yet I feel like I ought to have more seasonal appropriate ideas. Even if they aren't for me, hats don't seem like the thing to be knitting now. What connotes spring in your knitting? What might I consider casting on now that spring is here?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home