Saturday, March 22, 2008

This is spring?

It seems like I heard earlier this week that spring is officially here. So where is it?

We had snow this morning and afternoon, although none of it stuck. No evidence was on the ground by the time I awakened from my afternoon snooze through three-quarters of the Duke-West Virginia game. It was still plenty chilly, though, when I headed out for the Blue Jackets game.

So, with temperatures in the 30s and random precipitation more appropriate for January than late March, it still seems like winter here in the Midwest. That more than anything is what makes it hard to believe that Easter is tomorrow, the Major League Baseball season starts in nine days (sorry, overseas games don't count in my book even if they are official in the league's eyes), and that anyone would wear any of the warm weather clothes stores have had on the racks and shelves for a couple months.

Of course, I think my internal clock is still goofed up from the film festival.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home