Friday, February 01, 2008

Whoosh

Seaman's Cap

Yarn: Cascade 220 (100% Peruvian Highland Wool; worsted weight)
Colorway: 8886 (purple)
Needles: US 6 and 7 circulars
Stitches: 96

Where do the hours go? Lately it's like the hours pass in a flash. Days progress like DVD chapter skips. All of a sudden half the day has gone by. Some of this temporal disjointedness can be attributed to busy times at the office, where I'm in a constant state of disruption. Work hasn't been bad, just hectic and regularly interrupted. Slowly but surely, I am getting things done, but I can't concentrate with the hum of activity outside my door and passing through it. I don't mind zipping through the work day, but with some deadlines bearing down on me, it's becoming very disconcerting how quickly time is slipping away from me and how much of this weekend I've already carved out for it.

So I don't know how or when I managed to finish the hat you see above. (The insufficient lighting in my apartment turned the hat blue in most photographs. I'm pleased to get one remotely close to the yarn's true color, even if it shows up too light in the picture. If I get the chance, I'll try to take one outside tomorrow.) Hoping that the medium size will fit my mom, this hat required six fewer stitches per round than the others I've knitted. That explains why I made it so quickly, but for the life of me I still don't know how it is finished.

Rather than continue with some additional work upon arriving home tonight, I picked up this project and watched television. I didn't plan to finish it, but next thing I knew it was nearly done. I haven't entered one of those knitting zones for awhile.

Although I finished it on the first day of February, this one is going in the January FO tally, which amounts to a whopping two hats. It's an inadequate start to the knitting year, but the first month pulled me in so many directions that there wasn't the time for it. Let's hope February is better.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I know your mom will love her hat, Mark! It's great.

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

The hat looks great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home