Wednesday, January 02, 2008

The Archies: The Top 51 Things in the World (2007)

Last year Donna started something she dubbed The Archies. I played along and kept this year's list in the back of my mind through 2007. (Unfortunately I didn't have the sense to write things down as the year progressed.) The beauty of this is that it encourages remembering the kind of stuff that enriches your life.

Donna has already posted her 2007 Archies and the rules, so check out her picks and list your own on your blog.

With no further ado, I announce my 2007 Archies, The Top 51 Things in the World.

1. "1 2 3 4"
2. $5 parking for hockey games
3. $10 Huntington Green Seats at Blue Jackets games
4. 3o Rock
5. Alexander Payne's "14th arrondissement" in Paris, je t'aime
6. Amy Adams in Enchanted
7. The Apples in Stereo "7 Stars"
8. The Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
9. Arkansas vacation hosts
10. Cascade 220
11. Casey Affleck in The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, Gone Baby Gone, and Ocean's Thirteen
12. City Barbeque sweet tea
13. Columbus Gas Prices.com
14. Down pillow I got for Christmas
15. FranklinCovey planner
16. Google Desktop
17. Google Reader (wipes the floor with last year's Bloglines nomination)
18. Google Talk
19. Gorilla Glue
20. Greenberg Smoked Turkey
21. Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (Funny how I'm OK with this now that I don't have to hear my former neighbors playing it all hours of the day. Only played it once, but it was awfully fun.)
22. Hotwire
23. I Am America (And So Can You!)
24. IKEA Kaffe (French press)
25. Kelly Willis - Translated from Love
26. Knit Picks Options interchangeable needles
27. Malabrigo
28. Mike's Place (best meal I had all year)
29. Minuteman Pizza
30. Nels Cline guitar solos on Wilco's Sky Blue Sky (especially great in concert)
31. New apartment
32. Nintendo Wii (probably just as well I don't have one)
33. The North Market
34. Norwegian films at the Cleveland International Film Festival (The Bothersome Man, Cold Prey, Reprise, and Sons)
35. Once
36. The Onion AV Club (the best gets even better with TV Club)
37. "PoP! Goes My Heart"
38. Radiohead - In Rainbows (bonus points for the "it's up to you" download)
39. Ratatouille
40. Ravelry
41. Roger Ebert's letter on the eve of Ebertfest
42. Scotch paper cutter
43. Sonic
44. Spoon - Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga
45. TehKu teas
46. There Will Be Blood
47. Tim Tams
48. Toshiba Satellite laptop
49. TV shows available for free on network websites (even if it is a cause of the writer's strike)
50. Vernors ginger soda
51. Zout Action Foam

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am utterly amazed at your organized posts lately! They must be a lot of work but they're fun reading! I wish I could manage half of what you do!

 
At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see Tim Tams made it on your list!!

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger the secret knitter said...

The accomplishments/resolutions posts weren't too bad time-wise because I'd kept track through the year. The Archies probably took about three hours to compile and then track down links. Glad you liked it!

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger donnadb said...

Alphabetical even! So glad to see this appear. Yes, the linkifying is the most time-consuming part, but it makes the list for the reader, I have to say.

Get yourself a sticky note or a Google Doc or a Backpack list or something, and start putting down stuff for next year ...

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger the secret knitter said...

You noticed! Yes, my predisposition to structure/order meant I had to alphabetize.

Makes sense to have an online planner of some sort since I'm now using a physical one. How did I ever get by without it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home