Friday, December 28, 2007

Catchall

Oof. Four basketball games in one day might be fine if you're attending the NCAA Tournament, not that I have, but working them just isn't a pleasurable experience any way you slice the situation.

So, with that in mind, today I present a compendium of forgotten leftovers and new tidbits...

Yesterday I mentioned driving by the strangely fascinating place with the "Famous Old Time Music" sign. In my mind I pictured a secret enclave of performers hiding out in the countryside to play their songs to whatever unsuspecting strangers might be enticed inside. Minimal searching turned up what it really is: a bluegrass specialty shop in Wapakoneta. I bet it looks less mysterious in the light of day.

My mom must be liking knitting so far. I received an e-mail detailing her progress. It's nice to know that she's enjoying it and doing well.

One cable-join Gorilla Glued connection made it through one hat without showing signs of another separation. I think we've got a winner in that extremely thick adhesive.

How bad is Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem? Pretty bad, even with extremely low expectations.

I'm going to hate to see December end, if only because it's been a wealth of mail almost every day. Movie awards season has meant the arrival of a package of some sort almost every day. There are also the Christmas cards and a gift or two that have shown up to satisfy my fondness for receiving mail. What does January bring? W-2s?

I haven't signed up yet, but I got an e-mail about Blog 365, an expansion of NaBloPoMo, and intend to participate. I've practically done it this year, so how much harder can it be to add a few more days?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home