Thursday, December 13, 2007

A screeching halt

Knit, knit, knit, knit, knit, knit, knit, knit, knit, knit... Hey, wait a minute... What's going on here?

Uh oh.

Rather than having an FO, I have a mess on my hands. I got to the last half of a decrease row but discovered that somehow I had three extra stitches. This didn't add up at all. I counted back and counted again. I wasn't seeing how I'd knitted myself into quite a fix.

OK, undo the stitches to the beginning of the row. Surely it will become clearer then. No. Additionally, I dropped a couple stitches in the process but picked them up to the best of my ability.

My best guess is that at some point I forgot how many I needed to knit before knitting two together. I was keeping track with a row counter, except I wasn't putting the row number on it but how many stitches to knit before k2tog. Since there's a row of knit between each decrease row, I think I lost my place, although I still don't know how I'm off by this number of stitches.

I've been putting a lot of pressure on myself to get this hat and another done by Monday. Oh yeah, I also need to squeeze in four films, write four reviews (not all of the same films), do basketball stats, attend a high school mentorship student's presentation, and edit clips for a Monday night taping. It's no wonder that I got mixed up. Ugh.

I don't really feel like I have the time to go to the LYS to get a hand in straightening out my errors, but I guess I'll have to find a moment to do so. I suppose I was due for a major screw-up, but the timing stinks.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm due for a mistake as well - the timing is always inevitably crappy! You're making great progress, though! Try to breathe this weekend a bit!

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Amanda D Allen said...

Thanks for the advice. I know you're right, but I am a little worried about discovering that I am addicted because I can't go cold turkey for a week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home