Friday, December 21, 2007

One for the road

I had an appointment to get new tires and alignment for my car at eight this morning and have pretty much been on the go since. It's been an insane day. And I still have to pack and get out the door by 7 a.m. tomorrow.

So, I'll make this a quick one and leave it at that. After letting the morning caffeine circulate through my blood stream, I felt alert enough to cast on for the last hat that I have to complete by Christmas. What better time to knit than during the interminable wait at the tire shop? I was positioning the cast on row so I could join it in the round when the blasted cable came out of the join. And this was one that hadn't been showing any signs of the cable starting to come unglued!

I have four of the 32" Options cables. The cable and join have separated on two of them. There's signs of it on another. That leaves me with one potentially problem-free cable and another that snags the yarn. I feel bad about calling Knit Picks about this again, but I'm not pleased with how easily the cables are coming out. I'm not being rough on them, at least not any more than the stress caused by magic loop.

I bought some Gorilla Glue to reconnect the cables and joins to tide me over until other replacements will be sent. People seem to swear by this stuff. Has it met its match?

I'm back where I began the day: nothing on the needles. I need to pack like a maniac tonight and get to bed so I can salvage a decent night's sleep before darting out of here first thing in the morning. I'm headed to my parents' place for a few days. All I want for Christmas at this point is peace, quiet, and rest. Too much to ask for? We'll see.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

sorry about the cable issues...i guess maybe this is lesson to me not to use the magic loop method w/ mine (unless that's not the issue, but that's the only thing we are doing differently, it seems).

safe travels and merry christmas, mark!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home