Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Frogger

Seaman's Cap

Yarn: Cascade 220-The Heathers (100% Peruvian Highland merino wool; worsted weight)
Color: 2424
Needles: US 6& 7 circulars
Stitches: 102

Yo ho ho, it's another hat for the high seas and yuletide cheer.

With much trepidation I took the WIP off the needles and began ripping. I needed to frog two rounds to ensure that I was past the multitude of dropped stitches, and I was prepared to wipe out more to return me to a pre-decrease round if necessary. I tried sliding a smaller needle through the stitches but found that I needed to do them one at a time rather than trying to get all of them on at once. There went another round or two.

Slowly but surely I got the stitches onto the needle. I thought I had them all, but there were two at the beginning of the round that appeared to have been dropped. I picked them up but could tell that something was off. I had already decided that I was going to skip tonight's screening--I'll have to hold my breath over National Treasure: Book of Secrets until Friday--so I headed to knit night at the LYS to get the hat straightened out.

I don't know exactly what the problem was at the beginning of the round. Once it was fixed--and a dropped stitch spotted in the middle of the round--I was able to get back to work and finish what should have been done six days ago.

Some of the stitches were snagging on the cable coming out of the join. Magic loop is unkind to that spot on the Options interchangeables. I think I have at least one decent cable among the four in my possession. I need to dig it out for yet another hat.

It was really nice to knit again. I know that much of my knitting of late has been with a cautious eye for the Christmas deadline, which can make it less enjoyable. Having not knitted since last Thursday, though, I can say that I'm just happy to be doing it again. Two more hats to go and then one for me...

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great, glad you got it done despite all the trauma :)

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Hooray, you're back in business! :-)

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

The hat looks great (nice, even stitches make it almost look store-bought instead of handmade...not sure how you feel about that, but I always like it when people tell me that because then I know I did a good job :)) and I'm glad you got over the hump and are back on the holiday knitting track : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home