Thursday, September 20, 2007

Reversible

My donation to the Red Scarf Project is finished. I almost had the Asherton Reversible Scarf done before going to bed last night, but I saved four rows of garter stitch and binding off for this morning. Weaving in the ends was a lunchtime activity. Parceling instant satisfaction to reduce the stress of the day is a sign that I'm way overdue for a string of breaks in my favor. And yes, that means I found pleasure in weaving in the ends, something I typically don't like doing.

Despite a couple setbacks that called for frogging, this scarf provided a mood boost. I guess it is reversible in more ways than one. May the scarf serve its recipient well too.

I disliked every photograph I took of it in my office today, so I'll hold off posting a final picture until tomorrow. It will look better under natural light than fluorescent anyway. The same probably applies to me too. When I left work I realized I had been inside for eight and a half hours straight with limited glimpses of outside. Being cooped up like that can't be helping.

I've been in a fire-breathing mood off and on today. Everything seems to be going wrong. I swear I'm trying to find the humor in it. There's nothing life or death about the circle of aggravation I'm trapped in, but it is ever so irritating nonetheless. I know I'm a worrier, which doesn't help matters, so I need to find another knitting project to give my mind a reprieve. If only I could solve that math problem.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 6:07 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

congrats on getting the scarf done and i know what you mean about actually enjoying weaving in the ends now and then...i usually don't like the job either, but sometimes it's a relaxing thing to do and also just gives a sense of "yay, i'm finishing this project". wtg and can't wait to see a pic!

 
At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! You are productive! Can't wait to see a pic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home