Thursday, September 13, 2007

Do not disturb--knitting in progress

As promised, I took my knitting with me today. Since I had a press screening this morning I got to the office later than usual. So, no lunch hour to knit during, but I planned to stick around later to wait out the traffic en route to another screening tonight. Oh how I needed it. Another pound my head against the wall day...

Shortly before 5 p.m. I closed the door to my office and removed the scarf from its hiding spot in my backpack. My new office is suited for knitting in secret. It's mine and mine alone. Unless the department secretary was given a key, I think I'm the only one in the building who can enter it. There are no windows, just four walls painted in Standard Institutional Color, but the lighting is a lot better than it was in my dimly lit old office.

So I tried to knit away the stress of a most unsatisfactory day. Fourteen rows didn't make up for all the annoyances, but if the onset of sleepiness meant anything, perhaps it smoothed over the rougher edges. It's been a weird week. I've been busier, which has been good, but the days have felt extremely long. It's Thursday? Really?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:56 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

wow - you are really moving along on the scarf - looks great!

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Amanda D Allen said...

Congratulations (?) on your new windowless office. The scarf is looking great. I need to get started on some Christmas scarves myself. I finally got up the confidence (and the materials) to attempt my first sock. I turned the heel last night and it has been going pretty well I think. Sorry I petered out on the knit along.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home