Monday, June 18, 2007

Dishcloth Go Bragh

Reversible shamrock dishcloth

Yarn: Lily The Original Sugar 'n Cream (100% cotton; worsted weight)
Color: Key lime pie
Needles: US 6s
Stitches: 45

Can you see the shamrocks? They're there although slightly hard to make out because there's too much white in the leaves. This one's for mom, she of the St. Patrick's Day birthday.

It was nice to have a break from socks and trying to organize the dpns in my hands. I liked it so much that I knitted 53 of the 67 rows between last night and this evening. Don't misunderstand me. There's something kind of mechanical about dishcloth knitting, which isn't fun so much as it is relatively brainless. Compared to the workout socks are--even if I have apparently figured out how to make them--it can be enjoyable to do something easier.

I suppose there isn't much else to say. I'm ready to take another crack at the sock to be knitted on US 3 dpns, and I should probably cast on so sock one has a pal.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 11:03 PM, Blogger miss ewe said...

Nice. You know, I've never made a dishcloth. Not-a-one. Oh, and there will come a point when a basic vanilla sock will become totally mindless for you too... probably by the end of your second pair!

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Karen said...

I like it! Did you get the dishcloth link I emailed you?

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh, I love the dishcloth!!

That pattern has been on my "to knit" list for quite some time, being the huge fan of everything Irish that I am. I will definitely have to set aside some time to make one this winter (so as to finish it to use before next St. Pat's, of course).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home