Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Is This It?

Raised Triangles Washcloth

Yarn: Lily The Original Sugar 'n Cream (100% cotton)
Color: Pastel print
Needles: US 8s
Stitches: 42

Call it the last FO for my soon to be former home. I've had a lot of nervous energy this week because of the move, so this was a good way to try and settle me down some. I knitted most of it last night and was surprised how fast it came together. The photographed triangles may not show up as well on the white cotton, but trust me, they are there.

Just one error of note on this one. At the end of a row my needle must have gone through a stitch below the one I should have been working on. There's a prominent bump at the spot, but other than that, it was smooth sailing.

And that should bring an end to my knitting at the place I've called home for a long time. I expect I'll knit a bit on Thursday and Friday but not a lot. I get the keys to the new apartment tomorrow afternoon, and I've decided to move as much as I can then. Doing it Thursday should help me avoid the anticipated rain and hopefully give me a place to park the vehicle to load boxes. (Yep, my neighbors have taken all the parking spaces again now that the street is open.) And if it lets me sleep better, great.

If I choose to view it positively, the stressful living situation here is partially responsible for me asking to learn to knit in the first place. See, I can look on the bright side.

3 Comments:

At 6:41 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

good luck w/ the move, mark and good job on the dishcloth...gotta love almost instant gratification : )

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Great dishcloth, Mark! I really like that pattern.

Good luck with the move. I'll be thinking of you. :-)

 
At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely dishcloth. Hope the move goes well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home