Sunday, April 22, 2007

Sunday Sun

While I probably stayed inside too much for what was a lovely day, I managed to spend a little time outdoors. One of the nice things about the film festival here is that it doesn't chew up every hour of the day like most others. I spent the early afternoon going through all of my clothes and deciding what I could donate, what I should throw away, and what I would keep. I donated several bags of clothes about a month ago, and I have three and half more ready to be dropped off. I feel confident that I can consider the clothes issue finished as far as my moving preparations are concerned.

Then it was time to head downtown to the last day of the fest. I hadn't eaten, in part because I wanted to have a meal outside at a restaurant near the theater. They didn't have their outdoor seating section set up, so I had to enjoy my bison burger and sweet tea indoors. I had an hour until my first film was starting, so I walked over to the North Market for some ice cream. (The photo shows the back side of the North Market.)

I've heard nothing but great things about Jeni's Ice Creams. I sampled the creme de violet, which had a nice mild flavor, but went with the salty caramel, which I understood is one of the signature flavors. Good stuff.

In between films I made myself at home on the floor and knitted the cat mat for awhile. Like clockwork, an older lady took notice and asked me what I was making. She said she liked how I was throwing the yarn. (I'm a righty who wraps left-handed.) She told me about the sweaters she made for her husband, who I assumed was standing beside her. With a bit of a wink I said that I hoped he had thanked her sufficiently for them. Turns out that husband died years ago--oops!--although she seemed to like talking about him.

I've been lax in knitting the cat mat. I'm supposed to give it away at the festival in Illinois this upcoming week, so I better get to working on it. Until tomorrow...

2 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

cool photo and that salty caramel ice cream sounds DIVINE!!

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Yummmmm... ice cream. I agree with Jennifer. Salty caramel sounds fabulous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home