Monday, April 23, 2007

On point

The cat mat is almost finished and just in time too. I'm giving it to some friends at the film festival on Wednesday. I'll have a photo and all the details posted on Tuesday. Depending how the day is going, I might have it up in the afternoon. Otherwise it'll be a late night post from Indianapolis.

I decided that I'd like to get part of the drive done on Tuesday evening after a screening. It's how I've traveled to this festival every year prior, but my parents' home is no longer on the way. I earned a certificate for a free night at the hotel where I'm staying in Champaign, Illinois, so I figure I'm not out anything by getting a room tomorrow.

The big question is what will I work on while at the festival. Unlike the first couple years I attended, there will be some gaps in the schedule. It'll allow for getting something to eat and not feeling rushed, but I confess that I'd like to spend some of that time knitting. I'm going to take the baby blanket with me, but that's probably not going to leave the hotel. It's too big to carry.

Small projects would be good, but I don't know what to make. Before the sockarazzi bombards me with their suggestions, let it be known that I might be a step closer to knitting your beloved hosiery. Jenn is trying to convince me to knit Kristin's coffee cup cozy pattern in the round. I balked at the idea, especially since it would require two pairs of circs or dpns. For the longest time I thought it required two circs and dpns, not one or the other. Jenn probably wanted to reach through the chat window and shake some sense into me.

Finally I sort of understood what she was saying and am willing to give it a shot. I bought some bamboo double-pointed needles. I'm intimidated, especially at the idea of figuring out how to do this when I won't have a computer nearby for reference. We'll see how it goes. I ought to come up with another project just in case, but I have no clue what to do. I could make a dishcloth, but that doesn't seem very exciting.

4 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Ha! He wants *exciting* knitting now! :-)

Try out the dpns. Take yarn to make a hat or baby hat along. There's always someone to gift it to at some point. And a discloth doesn't have to be boring if you try out a new stitch pattern.

Have fun.

Did you notice I didn't mention socks? Ooops!

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger the secret knitter said...

What, you expect consistency? :)

The problem with any new patterns is that I probably won't have printed anything in time to have it with me. We'll see how today goes. All this rushing around may give me more time on Wednesday.

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

Hahaha! Step one to socks--complete. I guess I'll offer my assistance as needed.

Off to go post. I owe you some words, I suppose...

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger donnadb said...

I turned the heel. Just wanted you to know. On to the toe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home