Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Procrastinator's lament

The call, text, and e-mail came around 6:00 a.m. The university is closed due to inclement weather. Great! I can work in peace on the massive amount of writing I need to finish.

Except I didn't. At all.

The first thing I did was turn off the clock radio alarm. Hello 9:30 rise. Apparently I wiled away some time online before lunch and a nap. Then I made some snickerdoodles from a mix, did laundry, and spent more time messing around on the computer. Some TV, another nap, dinner, and then TV and the computer simultaneously.

So what's my problem? I know that there's a lot to get done, and with no one to bother me, I could have made a critical dent in my work load. Obviously I didn't want to do that bad enough. I had my foot on the gas all day Tuesday, which may be a sufficient explanation. The comfort and distractions of home made it easy to avoid working. Good to note, I suppose, but not very helpful in getting me closer to being finished.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home