Sunday, January 23, 2011

On the radio

While on the road yesterday I came across a station playing '80s pop and decided to listen for a bit. Part of my reason for sticking with it was that it played a couple songs I haven't heard in ages. For instance, I remember liking this Wham! song, but I had forgotten it even existed. "Everything She Wants" isn't the go-to Wham! hit to signify the decade, but it was a #1 Billboard single.



Soon after that they played a Survivor hit that wasn't from a Rocky movie. Again, I forgot about it until it hit my ears, yet "High On You" got as high as #8 on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart.



See, programmers, you don't have to play only the same 200 hits of yesteryear. It's fun to hear the ones we've forgotten too.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home