Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Break

I've had plenty to keep me busy at work these past two days, but the relative quiet around the building is unmistakable. We're in finals week, so it's natural that fewer people, both faculty and students, are in and about. It's liable to be a ghost town there on Wednesday. I certainly don't intend to stick around the office all day.

Rather than join the throngs on the road tomorrow, I'll be heading to my parents' on Thanksgiving morning. I don't really desire driving the two and four lane roads in rural Ohio and Indiana on one of the year's busiest travel days in the dark, and I sort of need the time to get ready for the trip home. It's been go, go, go as the quarter has wound down, so being a little leisurely before departing feels necessary.

I'm not dreading going home for the holiday. To the contrary, I'm looking forward to getting away for a few days. This has been a very stressful three months work-wise, and I felt less than good for much of it. Thankfully, things seem to have righted themselves as far as the work situation is concerned. (Of course, now I'm trying to shake the vestiges of some bug.) So a few nights away--I'm hoping to avoid the Sunday night mess and return Monday morning--should be the medicine I need, especially since who knows the adventure that will be this Christmas.

So, safe travels to you and yours. I plan to enjoy the extended holiday weekend. Maybe some knitting will fit in there, finally.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home