Monday, November 22, 2010

Scraps

I'm not in love with expanding on any of these ideas, so here's a mishmash of topics:

-I've recovered from whatever bug I came down with a week ago, but the vestiges of it continue to wear me down. I'm talking about the cough, especially at bedtime. In the past week there's only been one or two times that I've fallen asleep before 3 a.m. I think that's been worse than anything else.

-The high today was around 70. In late November. With the way the temperature has been rising and falling the last month, it's no wonder I got sick. Just get around to typical seasonal temperatures, please.

-I was hesitant to sign up for Twitter--I'm not on Facebook--but I've now been using it for close to two years. As I checked it during intermissions at the hockey game I attended tonight, it occurred to me how much I enjoy the service and how big of an impact it makes on a day-to-day basis. (File this under a potentially expanded idea of how radically things have changed in the last ten years.)

-It's not a major point of emphasis, but two characters are seen knitting in the new Disney animated film Tangled.

-I'm not pleased with the latest changes the TSA is implementing at airports, but I've been pleasantly surprised by the traction that objections to the backscatter and "enhanced patdowns" are getting. Just hurry up and affect some change by the time I hop on a plane a month from now.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home