Thursday, October 14, 2010

A break in the clouds

Lately I've been feeling like Charlie Brown being followed by a storm cloud. I've been on the receiving end of a lot of discouraging news regarding work. Today it appears that all the doom and gloom may be lifting.

OK, how can I tiptoe around specifics while conveying the information...

My boss's conversation with someone at the place that ended the contract was surprised that we were unaware of this matter and claims to be working on a new contract. (This sort of contradicts something a higher-up there said in another conversation, but I have no reason to expect this individual is playing games.) In the event that an agreement isn't worked out by the end of the year, this person understood it that things would continue under the old terms until new ones are determined.

While this isn't set in stone, it certainly seems that we are no longer at DEFCON 1 level. That in and of itself is an enormous relief. I suppose things could collapse, but for now I'm going to take this as a positive sign. It's beyond time for one.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, Anonymous LittleWit said...

Well that's some good news. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home