Saturday, August 07, 2010

In the big city

Today in Chicago:

-Reunited with a friend I've known since junior high and whom I last saw several years ago at his wedding.

-Waited in line for about two and a half hours to eat gourmet sausages and duck fat fries at Hot Doug's. I've included a photo of part of the menu above, assuming it works out through the submission method I'm using. The wait didn't seem that long since there was plenty to talk about and the weather is fairly mild for this time of year.

-Visited the Gene Siskel Film Center to see a re-released classic that is coincidentally getting its only Columbus screenings this weekend.

-Saw a decent bit of the city by train and on foot.

It has been a pretty great day. Now to get some rest for what should be a jam-packed Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home