Friday, August 20, 2010

Final tally

It's been a little hectic putting a cap on this last full day here in Minnesota. Lots of time was spent on the lake, and then the better portion of the evening disappeared negotiating a plan for how to deal with the first day of traveling back home, booking the hotel rooms, and packing up.

I can tell you, though, that I had a fine finish fishing. I caught thirteen fish, a tally that topped everyone else. Granted, some of them decided to focus on casting rather than fishing off the bottom like I was, and not all of mine were keepers, especially a couple tiny ones. Regardless, the point remains that I caught more fish today than I did the rest of the week. The final count of what I caught looked like this:

Sunday: 0 fish
Monday: 0 fish
Tuesday: 1 perch
Wednesday: 1 smallmouth bass, 1 fishing lure and lots of cut line
Thursday: 7 perch, 1 rock bass
Friday: 12 perch, 1 largemouth bass

For the record, those bass were quite small, so banish any thoughts of me reeling in a fish that's jumping halfway to the moon, such as might be portrayed on a bait shop or fisherman's cap. The perch were pretty good sized. One of mine today weighed 11 ounces. I don't know if it was the biggest I caught, but it had to be up there on my list.

I went out every time the boat left the dock, so I definitely fished more than I intended. I may get into that in more detail in a later blog post, but for now, suffice it to say that I enjoyed the time fishing even if I can't say I have any plans to do it again in the near future.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home