Monday, February 22, 2010

Picking up the pieces

Thanks to all the well wishers regarding the car accident. I've had friends and family asking questions and giving advice, so I'm kind of tired of talking about it. Nevertheless, it has occupied my time for most of the day, so here are the updates, if you care to read on:

-Knowing that I was going to spend a good deal of time dealing with this matter today, I did not go to work. (I really need to be there on Tuesday, so if ever there was a day to punt this week, this was it.)

-I now have a rental car. I am paying for part of it out of pocket, much to my chagrin. I also didn't appreciate how they tried to sell rental insurance as if I'll be serious hurt if something happens to the car while I have it, even if I'm not at fault in an accident. (My insurance should be sufficient, right?)

-Since my neck has been getting sorer over the last two days, I decided that I ought to listen to what others were telling me and have it checked out just in case. The big decision was where to have it done so that it meant (ideally) zero out of pocket for me. The urgent care facility pointed me toward the emergency room. After asking some questions at the ER about how to proceed, I settled on it.

-Sure enough, I have cervical strain and sprain, otherwise known as whiplash. I can't take the heavy duty prescriptions except once I'm home for the night since they'll wipe me out.

-I have no idea if the car can be fixed. I'm hoping it can. I'm really hoping this isn't long and drawn out.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home