Sunday, February 21, 2010

Aftermath

I have to believe that last night's accident scene was about as low key as such things can be, especially for a situation that had the potential for much worse outcomes. (Google Maps lets me show about where the northbound crash occurred.) I was calm and matter of fact. I took care of contacting AAA for a tow truck and both insurance companies to get the claim process in motion.

I'm not quite as composed about it all today. After the adrenaline wore off I noticed that my neck is a little tender/sore. I expect it's mild whiplash, which is to be expected. My family is trying to steel me for dealing with the insurance companies, which could be quite a battle regarding what it's worth if the car is considered totaled.

There's already the potential fight about a rental car. My insurance says it covers $15 a day. The rental car company doesn't even rent anything that low. This is not going to be fun, is it?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 2:51 AM, Blogger Ruth's Place said...

Hope the battle with the insurance company is a s smooth as possible.

So glad you weren't more injured!

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Karen said...

So glad you are ok. There have been so many accidents lately, seems like so many more then usual. I'm sorry this happened. Sending you smooth insurance dealings thoughts.

Hang in there.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about your accident. Let me know if you need anything - like a ride to knitting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home