Monday, September 07, 2009

Happy birthday to me

Among those celebrating birthdays today: Michael Emerson, also known as Benjamin Linus on Lost; Chrissie Hynde of The Pretenders; and me.

The effects of yesterday's athletic endeavor made me feel like a year was added to my age, so what better excuse was there to spoil myself all day? I had lunch at my favorite barbecue place in town and received a free piece of Texas sheet cake for my birthday. The sandwich and fries were sufficiently filling, so the cake came home with me.

I took a refreshing afternoon nap, knit a little, watched the Reds on TV, went for a walk, and watched the first film from one of my favorite directors. I suppose one could say that I pretty much do what I want every day, but I tried to treat myself today. Thus, I went and got a pint from Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams. If "splendid" is in the name, it has to be good. (And it is...but no, I'm not eating all of the ice cream in one day.)

I've always enjoyed that my birthday can fall on a national holiday, like it has today, so I've tried to observe it as a day of rest. It would have been nice to have spent it with family or friends, but with that not possible, getting the day off work and acknowledging it as my day has sufficed.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:32 AM, Blogger dvdmon said...

Happy Birthday, Mark!

 
At 8:45 AM, Anonymous doniamarie said...

Happy Birthday!!! I'm glad you had a great day! I wish mine fell on a Nat'l Holiday! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home