Monday, September 14, 2009

Back to school

Yes, as late as it seems, the new academic year started today at my place of employment. Apparently most of the students must have Tuesday/Thursday classes because the building was relatively quiet, which was just as well since I was feeling rotten in general. (My guess for my malaise: a minor recurrence of kidney stones. Guess who needs to be drinking more water.)

Now I can't say I was ready for school to resume, but it was good to have more purpose in the day than I usually have during the mostly easygoing summer. There were more things that needed to be done and actual interaction with people. Recently I've noticed how talkative I've been when given the opportunity, which is a definite sign that there's been little in the way of conversation at the office the last three months.

This was a long day. Tuesday proves to be an even longer one. Still, while I'm sure there will be plenty to grumble about over the upcoming days and weeks, a school isn't really a school without the students. I may not have been feeling very recharged today, but we'll get back into the routine together.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home