Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Stalled

I've been driving around the country a lot over the last week, but today was the first time I've run into any significant delays on the roadways. Go figure, I had just eight or so miles to go on I-55 North before I would have exited onto an eastbound highway running south of Chicago when I ran into this mess.

Construction was minimizing the lanes down to the left only, but it seemed like something else was at play because this was a serious backup with no signs of clearing up quickly. I lost about forty minutes sitting and creeping in this lineup.

An open exit ramp beckoned, and the GPS advised me of an alternate route. That was all I needed to venture off the path. While exiting I saw that the entrance ramp dumping onto I-55 was also seriously backed up and that a bridge lay ahead. Boy was I glad to get out of that situation.

The driving has been relatively easy, but my nomadic existence for the past week finally caught up with me this evening. I lost an hour in the time zone change, meaning I should feel like it's an hour earlier, but I've been pretty tired since early in the evening. I still have St. Louis stuff to write about, but it'll have to wait until I've rebounded some.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home