Tuesday, August 04, 2009

The night before

In spite of my best efforts, here I am, up late the night before leaving for vacation. As I wrote yesterday, this is a common occurrence, although this time I was strapped by some things out of my control. I will hit the sack earlier than I have on other occasions. I recall one year my brother and I drove eighteen hours in a day to reach our destination in Texas. I think I'd been in bed about two or three hours before getting up to start the drive. (Note: not recommended behavior.) By the time we got to Glen Rose I don't know if I've ever felt so fried.

Granted, it may not make any difference when I call it a night. I tossed and turned all last evening and expect I may be in for more of the same for the next several hours. I've got the itch to go. The road beckons.

I have packed some knitting, so you never know, I might actually write about my own work with the needles while I'm roaming the country. Expect travelogue entries, though. By this time tomorrow I'll be somewhere I've never been before. Where might that be? You'll have to check in tomorrow.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home