Sunday, August 02, 2009

Summer breeze

Can you believe this summer's weather?

I haven't come across any information for Columbus, but I read that Cincinnati had its coolest July on record. I have to believe the same is true for this area. The light air and warm (but not blazing hot) temperatures have been perfect for a stretch of months that has found me rededicated to daily exercise and eating right.

I went out for a walk this evening and was still amazed to have the cool air greet me as I stepped outside the door. I still work up a pretty good sweat when I'm going around the park, but it's nothing like if it were muggy and the heat was beating down. I don't recall a summer as mild as this one.

I better enjoy it while I'm here because in a few days I head out on vacation to a part of the country where it seems the sun's rays are sizzling in a manner appropriate to the season. That's something that can be managed with some AC, sunblock, and cold drinks. Plus, I expect this uncommonly cool and breezy summer in the Midwest will be here when I return.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Anonymous LittleWit said...

This summer has been something else. I am going to blame my ailing garden on the very cool weather because it certainly could have been my poor gardening skills... ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home