Monday, August 03, 2009

Down to the wire

When it comes to preparing to leave for vacation, I am a terrible procrastinator. The evening before departing I'll often be up to some ungodly hour finishing laundry, figuring out what to pack, and generally keeping busy, which is not conducive to getting a good night's sleep. This is especially problematic when I have a significant amount of driving to do the following day.

So help me, I am trying to improve upon my terrible track record while I also grind through work at the office. At various points today I felt like I was making no progress, was doing reasonably well, was a little ahead, and, in the end, accomplished a respectable amount but not enough to ease up on the pressure that will surely be bearing down on me tomorrow.

I've decided that I'm going to ship off early in the morning, so staying up late the night prior isn't a workable solution. With approximately nine and a half hours of driving ahead of me that day, it simply would not be smart to be operating on a half night's rest. Sure, I want to experience the relief of taking off, something that would definitely be felt if I were burning the midnight oil, but I also want to be functional.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home