Friday, August 14, 2009

Chicken and vegetables

I'm here at my parents' place in Indiana and just sort of wiped out, even if I'm not sure why I'm tired. Vacation must be hard work.

After all the driving I've done, it's been nice not to venture far from my temporary base. Yesterday was more active than I expected. Visiting the College Football Hall of Fame and attending a minor league baseball game in South Bend took up the better part of the day.

Today wasn't as busy. Having not seen any movies in nearly two weeks, I played a small bit of catch-up by seeing Julie & Julia with my mom. (Obligatory movie knitting spotting: an older lady can be briefly seen knitting.) Otherwise it's been relatively slow going, but ready to conk out early regardless.

Tomorrow I'm off to visit two of my brothers near Fort Wayne, Indiana for a couple days, and then I will be returning home after twelve nights out of town. I'm not necessarily ready to go home, but I may need to be there just to slow down a bit.

Since I don't have much excitement to share, I thought I'd include a few photos from the area. My dad got some sweet corn and apples from a stand in the front yard of someone's farmhouse, and I was pleased with how the pictures turned out, which is why I'm including them.

My parents live in a town and aren't that far from the city, but essentially they live out in the country. Being here is certainly a change from everywhere I'd previously been on this trip.

The ballgame was fun. It had the added terror of a bat accidentally helicoptering into the stands and the bonus featuring of the San Diego Chicken and post-game fireworks.

I'm pretty certain I've seen the Famous Chicken before, but seeing him at a small ballpark put me close enough to discover that he talks. I had no idea. Of course, it isn't central to his shtick, but it was a little jarring nonetheless. Although I doubted it is still the same guy in the suit, the website seems to suggest that it is. The things I've learned this vacation...

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home