Thursday, August 13, 2009

Actual vacation knitting content

Basketweave Dishcloth

Yarn: Lily The Original Sugar'n Cream (100% cotton; worsted weight)
Colorway: Cornflower
Needles: US 7s
Stitches: 40

For those of you wondering if I still knit--it's been ages since an FO--here's proof that I do. I started this dishcloth a couple months ago, I think, and packed the WIP to take with me on vacation on the chance that I might work on it. (I did meet up with two other knitters, so it was out of the realm of possibility.)

I finished the bind off in Missouri, wove in the ends today in Indiana, and presented it to my mom. She had requested some dishcloths, so at least I can leave here having given her one. I didn't follow any written pattern, although I imagine something like this exists. I simply alternated five stitches of knits and purls every five rows. Or at least that was the idea. Sometimes I lost count and went an extra row. Mistakes like that were left in as is.

One of the things I did during a busy day with the parents was visit the College Football Hall of Fame. I thought the blog readers might enjoy seeing a photo of some old football sweaters, which appeared to have been very nicely knit, so there you go.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home