Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Still searching...

I know, it's another car entry, but I'm telling you, this new-to-me vehicle search has become all-consuming. Not satisfied with what online searches were turning up, I slightly raised my upper price limit to see what I might find. I was a little more pleased with a couple potential options and was feeling a smidgen more hopeful about getting something I'd be happy with.

Of course I obsessed over this all day and started having doubts. I plugged the VINs into a free database check and found that both are salvage vehicles despite the listings making no mention of this fact. I was more concerned about hidden flood damage, but obviously my suspicious deal detector was triggered. Thanks but no thanks.

So the search for the perfect--or good enough--car for me continues. My dad's arriving tomorrow, which potentially means that I'll take a look at a vehicle or two in the afternoon or early evening. I think I've found one that could be what I want and seems like a reasonable price, even if it's a bit more than I was hoping to spend, but we'll see how that plays out.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home