Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Early to bed, early to rise

I used to be more of a night owl than I am now, but I realize I still stay up later than much of the standard working crowd. I usually go to bed around midnight or a little thereafter, although it isn't unusual for me to up until 1 a.m. I can get away with it--sometimes--because I don't have to get up until the national TV news magazine shows are at least half over.

Last night I was feeling especially tired after a full day of work and a good workout, so I went to bed at 10:30. Aside from illness, I can't remember the last time I called it a day so early. Really, it's unheard of for me to go to bed then.

It may have taken another good hour or so until I finally fell soundly asleep. When I woke up I had the strangest feeling. I was refreshed. (I've not been sleeping well lately because this time of year the sun shines through the blinds and into my eyes at an unfortunately early hour, which can only be ignored for so long.) Is this what it is like to get a good night's rest?

Today was a bruiser, and tomorrow promises to be another one, so once I click the publish button, I'm hitting the sack early again tonight. I don't foresee this becoming a habit, but I could get used to feeling ready to take on the new day.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home