Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Postcards

My overnight trip to Cincinnati will be over before I know it, so rather than devoting a lot of time to crafting a well-thought out blog entry, you're getting photos today. Hey, it was a lot hotter here in southwest Ohio than it was back home in Columbus. The time and temperature sign read 94 when I walked to the ballpark around 4:30 and was 86 around 10:00 on the walk back to the car.

I certainly got my share of sun in my outfield second row seat. Watching batting practice was an adventure as I was in a pretty good spot to snag or be conked by a home run ball.

Needless to say, I was awfully close to the field if I could get a halfway decent shots of players on it. Here Atlanta's Brian McCann and David Ross ignore the yells of fans for baseballs. (Ross, a former Red, did chat up the crowd a little and tossed a few balls into the stands.)

Here's a view of the Ohio River and Newport riverfront. I'm planning to park in Newport tomorrow and walk over that bridge to the ballpark. I'll walk back to Kentucky for dinner and a movie promo screening before returning home.

While the third out wasn't yet recorded, the Reds did hang on for a win tonight. Go team!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:18 AM, Anonymous LittleWit said...

Have fun! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home